Thanks for the elaboration Kate,
you have made your position clear. I am less certain about disciplinary, theoretical and methodological
boundaries than others on this list, particularly in relation to the separation of academic activities as I
previously stated. This is partly because the theoretical framing in which my own research is located
takes the view that it is important to trouble boundaries (a la Foucault and feminist scholars I have
previously cited) and partly because early on in my doctorate, my need for certainty elicited this
response from my supervisor during our discussions – 'I am thinking with my mouth' to signal the
generative work of dialogue. I use the list to 'think with my posts', which is why I hanker after others'
uncertainties generated through the smal scale scholarly work in which many on the list may be
engaging.
all the best,
teena