All,

I'm writing to announce that today October 20th Carnegie Mellon School of Design, with the endorsement of the IDSA, has launch Transitions: Exploring the Futures of Industrial Design Education.

Transitions is a global online conversation that will be followed by a summit created to connect the global industrial design education community.  Given the recent posts on design education- this summit is timely to direct design education largely within the US.  We hope through rich, relevant, and forward thinking exchanges, Transitions intends to inspire, develop—and sustain—knowledge about industrial design. The knowledge and conversations generated by Transitions will support individual educators, programs, institutions, and societies in evaluating, elevating, and celebrating the significance of industrial design. These conversations will explore futures in industrial design education, research, and professional practice.

In order for Transitions to reach its goals, we need your participation and support in building a dynamic community of educators, thinkers, and communicators.

Please visit the site and register today:

www.design.cmu.edu/transitions

There you will find additional information on the vision of Transitions. I also appreciate and welcome your sharing this email with your network. You can also follow us on Twitter @idtransitions

Many thanks in advance for your consideration!

MBP

Mary Beth Privitera, M.Des.
Assoc. Prof. Biomedical Engineering
Co-Director, Medical Device Innovation
University of Cincinnati
http://www.eng.uc.edu/dept_biomed/mdiepAbout.html

VP. Education, Industrial Designers Society of America