From: PhD-Design - This list is for discussion of PhD studies and related research in Design [[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of abhigyan singh [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, October 18, 2011 9:45 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: research on crowd-sourcing in low-literacy & low-technology context?

Dear all,

I am writing my doctoral studies proposal on the theme of interdisciplinary
research on crowd-sourcing in low-literacy and low-technology contexts in
emerging markets (India & Sub-Saharan Africa).

I request for pointers to research papers, links, case studies etc which
discuss aspects related to the subject. Some themes: Community Informatics &
Crowd-sourcing, Social Design & Actor Network Theory, Cultural dimensions &
design of ICT-Interfaces, research incorporating both 'real-world' social
network and 'virtual' social network, Ethics and Economics of
Crowd-sourcing,  Social Capital & ICTD.

Your directions will be very helpful. If you are aware of any research
lab/university conducting similar research then please share the
information.

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,
Abhigyan Singh

web: http://abhigyan.info/ <http://nl.linkedin.com/in/agsingh>

Design Researcher,

Multimedia Information Retrieval Lab,

Delft University of Technology (TU Delft),

HB11.320, Mekelweg 4, 2628 CD, Delft,

The Netherlands

Web: http://dmirlab.tudelft.nl/

This message is for the addressee only and may contain privileged or confidential information.  If you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of IDS.

Institute of Development Studies
at the University of Sussex, Brighton BN1 9RE
Tel: +44 (0)1273 606261; Fax: +44 (0)1273 621202
IDS, a charitable company limited by guarantee:
Registered Charity No. 306371; Registered in England 877338;  VAT No. GB 350 899914