Could I have the URL?

On Mon, Oct 31, 2011 at 4:43 PM, Julian Prior <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Hi Pat,

I'm getting the 'no license found' label even on CC licensed images and a blank white frame where the image should be.

Using Firefox 7.0.1 on Mac OS 10.7

cheers

Julian

--
Julian Prior
e-Learning Development Officer

Tel: 01225-383864
Email: [log in to unmask]
Twitter: @jpodcaster
Web: www.bath.ac.uk/lifelong-learning

Pat Lockley
31 October 2011 13:47

Hello all,

Some of you may have come across Open Attribute
(http://openattribute.com/) which was a project that came from Mozilla
Drumbeat festival 2010 . Well, this Friday is the start of the
festival for this year, and we've been tinkering on some new browser
plugins.

All are very much in beta, but should work (as they are quite simple).

Firstly, if your looking for licensed information in google (or any
other search engine) it can be hard to find. We expect people will
primarily search via google / bing for content, and so should ideally
build a service round this.

So we built a browser plugin which (when you click on a button) checks
the pages linked to from the page you are on (it can take a few while,
depending on links), and then puts a border round the link
highlighting whether it finds a licence (this uses some RDFa, some
guess work) showing you if the link is licensed or not.

Firefox version
(https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/openattribute-link/)
Chrome version (https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/cegnlobohmoekpdicnplajegemnjbhgp)

Our second plugin works using HTML5 magic. It searches the page you
are on for pictures, and should it find a licence on the page, it will
turn the picture into a licensed picture without you having to do
anything (in firefox at least, Chrome is slightly longer winded). So
if you search on flickr, or find a licensed picture you like
somewhere, it'll put the licensing on it for you straightaway, and
then you can download / drag it / use it elsewhere.

Firefox version
All 4 are very very very much in beta, happy to take on board feedback
and suggestions (preferably via github - https://github.com/patlockley
- where you can get the code if you'd like).

Cheers all

Pat