Hi Pat/Phil,

Thanks for chipping into this. I think I put a spanner in the works by using 'unique number'. I should have said a number that relates to the image. For what the vet school are using this process for, to attribute images that then get used in other resources that are then themselves likely to become OER, this is unique enough. But I recognise for other uses, this might cause issues.

Cheers,

Steve

From: Open Educational Resources [[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Pat Lockley [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, October 27, 2011 4:21 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Xpert Attribution

http://www.google.co.uk/#hl=en&sugexp=kjrmc&cp=10&gs_id=3&xhr=t&q=C0004P0038&pf=p&sclient=psy-ab&site=&source=hp&pbx=1&oq=C0004P0038&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_sm=&gs_upl=&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.,cf.osb&fp=651bed0b0f58a1c9&biw=1152&bih=751

I doubted it could be unique, but google says it is.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nottinghamvets/6279436640/in/photostream

I thought you could type in the keyword, but Xpert doesn't search the keywords it seems... err..... (note, that is a joke for those who get it, it is not a criticism)

But

http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/xpert/attribution/index.php?searchterm=X0003P0223&x=0&y=0

Brings back one picture, so it's not unique, but unique enough?