From: Diane Romano-Woodward <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Saturday, 15 October 2011, 7:17
Subject: [OCC-HEALTH] Mental Health Assessment

I would definitely have this person be seen by an OH physician, possibly with myself  there as witness/support for the OHP. While I am comfortable  that I could identify the answer to the criteria mentioned, the fact is that this lady is likely to lose her job. If she chooses to take legal action against the employer, the sad fact is that an OH physician's opinion will have more weight, so it is , in a way, protecting the organisation. Additionally, if this lady has such severe mental health issues, then I would consider this a fairly complex case and would refer to OHP on that basis.
I would also have a meeting with HR manager after all was sorted out discuss prevention of similar problems and to learn lessons= how the situation had deteriorated to such an extent without prior referral to OH, and why they had access to the psychological report  without being able to share it.

Interesting comment about the room layout... I have always worked on the opposite premise.. I need to be nearer to the door to be able to escape. I presume psychiatrists have the luxury of doing consultations in premises where there are always people  around who can be summoned for help and who are skilled in restraint...
Cheers
Diane

OCC-HEALTH ARCHIVES:

CONFERENCES AND STUDY DAYS: