From: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Wednesday, 5 October 2011, 21:52
Subject: Re: [OCC-HEALTH] OHP Preston/Blackpool  RESONSE FROM A MODERATOR

Hello List

We have a ruling that there we should not be a recruitment organisation. The
reason being that we are funded by HEFCE, a government funded educational
resource. Kevin and I manage this time in our free time - of which both of
us have very little. If Kevin and I decided to pull out then it is likely
that JISC-OH would fold. It is not a case of one rule for one and another
rule for another. Sometimes we can't access our JISC emails for a couple of
days and sometimes emails slip through the net. Look at the time that I, for
one, respond to JISC - I don't do it from the office.

There are other resources such as Linked in and facebook for recruitment or
commercial sales opportunities. This is not the purpose of the JISC list.
If anyone else would like to take over the management of the JISC list I am
sure Kevin would join me in saying we would be happy to discuss - you can
take the rough with the smooth including all the flack which we both get on
and off list.

There have been times when my email in-box on the server has had more than
200 emails - most of which had been JISC related. These block my personal
emails. Last year I was stranded in S Africa as a result of the volcanic ash
fiasco. Because I had been away for more than 3 weeks my Waitrose "Server
inbox" was full - mainly of JISC communications. Email access was very
difficult - try getting emails in the middle of the S African Bush -
difficult to believe in the UK but even phone access in rural Africa is
impossible when it rains heavily! I couldn't get emails from Virgin Atlantic
re arrangements to return to UK. At that time I cursed all the "We are
looking for an OHN in Cumbria" and "Friday Funny" emails.

I plough through JISC emails because I want to support learning, because I
value what JISC gives fellow professionals and more importantly because I
choose to. I don't want to act as referee too.

Anne Harriss
Course Director
LONDON SOUTH BANK UNIVERSITY