Hi Gillian

I think it is about taking a risk assessment approach so you may find the attached document useful, particularly appendix 1.

Regards

Karen

From: [log in to unmask] [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Kinselley, Gillian - Oxfordshire Customer Services
Sent: 12 October 2011 15:43
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [OCC-HEALTH] corones office employees

Does anybody look after staff of the Coroners office?

I am interested in if you would advise the coroners staff to wear gloves when attending deceased body viewing with relatives.  Some relatives tend to hug and touch the deceased and then shake hands/ hug touch with the staff member.  With our diverse society some relatives or friends could be unkempt or have infectious medical conditions  as the deceased if its for the initial identification.

Interested in anybody’s thoughts

Gillian

Occupational Health Manager

Oxfordshire County Council

Rewley Road

Oxford

OX1 2EH

 telephone 01865 815295

This email, including attachments, may contain confidential information. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender by reply and delete it immediately. Views expressed by the sender may not be those of Oxfordshire County Council. Council emails are subject to the Freedom of Information Act 2000. http://www.oxfordshire.gov.uk/emaildisclaimer