The bottom line is to achieve and maintain neutral position for the
majority of work time interspersed with short periods of different
positions at the work station and periods of complete breaks away from
the work station on a regular basis. Ultimately, you can have the
perfect chair and all the most suitable peripherals but if you remain in
a static position performing repetitive movements without change of task
and without breaks you are much more likely to develop Neuro-MSK issues.

In terms of advice - we can only and should always advise on best
(neutral) position, to alter posture during periods of non-VDU time and
provide the client with the 'best practice' solution in terms of time
management and work tasks. This will reduce physical stress on
vulnerable structures, allow musculature to recover from static
positions and provide variety of task to break up periods of repetitive
activity.

Sorry i missed most of the debate but as usual - having scanned most
comments - it was a cracker with many varied and relevant opinions.

Regards,

Wayne Llewellyn
Clinical Director

* 6-9 Timber Street, London, EC1Y 0TQ
' 020 7687 7600

:  www.premiertherapy.co.uk <http://www.premiertherapy.co.uk/>

8 Online Payments Available
<http://www.premiertherapy.co.uk/pay_for_treatment/payment_details.php>
P Please don't print this e-mail unless you really need to.

"This message and any attachments are solely for the intended recipient
and may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not
the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, use, or distribution of
the information included in this message and any attachments is
notify us by reply e-mail and immediately and permanently delete this
message and any attachments.  Thank you."

Premier Health & Sport Therapy Limited. Registered in England no.
3376266. Registered Office: 6-9 Timber Street, London EC1Y 0TQ.