Two contrasting but informative views here on the 'digital copyright
exchange' proposal

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/05/23/digital_music_exchange/

https://www.google.com/search?client=gmail&rls=gm&q=digital%20copyright%20exchange%20hargreaves

Think I will leave it there.

One final point though:  I know of at least one shortlisted bid by a
University to be the copyright and new business models  centre
mentioned in my first email yesterday. I am going to an all day
meeting of the partners behind this bid on Thursday.  I'm keen to make
sure some of the useful discussions we've been reading here can find a
way into the discourses that inform their second stage
submission....they'll no doubt be keen to broaden their partnerships
in order to do this so if anyone is interested in getting involved
with the proposal email me offline and I can try and take this
forward.

Good wishes all
Bronaċ