Hi Jan,

I hope to be attending - if I do I'll try to write something up.

See you in a few weeks (if you can make Leeds)

Cheers!

Paolo

On 4 October 2011 09:41, Freedman, Jan (COMMUNITY SERVICES) <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Hi All,

Please find attached details of a Dinosaur Seminar organised by the geological Curators Group in Liverpool. It looks interesting, and if anyone is going and would like to do a little write up for NatSCA News, let me know!!

Thanks all,

Jan

Jan Freedman
Curator of Natural History
Plymouth City Museum and Art Gallery
Drake Circus
Plymouth
PL4 8AJ
Tel: 01752 30 4774
W: www.plymouthmuseum.gov.uk
Twitter:
@janfreedman
@PlymouthMuseum

**********************

There will be further information soon about the mineral course at Oxford University Museum and a full programme will be published via the Geo-Curators maillist.

GCG Workshop - The care and conservation of mineral collections.
Oxford University Museum of Natural History Practical advice on the care and conservation of mineral collection, from one of the UK's leading authorities, Monica Price.
For further information contact -. Steve McLean, Great North Museum, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE2 4PT. 0191 222 6765, [log in to unmask]

I am just compiling the programme for the AGM event in Leeds and again further information will be posted as soon as it is available. If you are interested in speaking at this event please do get in touch.

GCG Seminar and 38th AGM - Storage, sorting and documentation of geological collections - good practice & practical solutions
6 & 7 December 2011
Leeds Museum Discovery Centre, Carlisle Road, Leeds, LS10 1LB This two-day event includes a visit to the recently refurbished Leeds City Museum as well as the Leeds Museum Discovery Centre.
For further information contact - Steve McLean, Great North Museum, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE2 4PT. 0191 222 6765, [log in to unmask]

Please also find attached information regarding an additional event to the year's programme which will take place at the World Museum Liverpool

on 2 December 2011. This is of course very close to our scheduled AGM in

Leeds on 6 and 7 December, but the opportunity arose at short notice to collaborate on this with Liverpool and we thought it would be of interest to members (and indeed non members)

Please see the attached programme and contact details (Phil Phillips at Liverpool is leading on this) and book with Phil if you are interested.
I would also encourage you to circulate widely as I am sure the seminar will be of interest to non-geologists as well.

Many thanks

Steve
Programme Secretary GCG

--

Steve McLean
Senior Manager

Great North Museum: Hancock
Barras Bridge
Newcastle upon Tyne
NE2 4PT
t: 0191 222 3406
m: 07876 390981

Tony Morgan
Education Demonstrator
National Museums Liverpool
Tel: 0151 478 4286
Fax: 0151 478 4390

http://www.liverpoolmuseums.org.uk/

http://www.liverpoolmuseums.org.uk/onlineshop/

National Museums Liverpool Disclaimer:

This email and any attachments transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed, and may contain information that is confidential, subject to copyright. If you have received this email and you are not the intended recipient please notify mailto:[log in to unmask] and delete this email and you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this email are strictly prohibited.

This email does not conclude a binding agreement. Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of National Museums Liverpool.

Although National Museums Liverpool routinely screens for viruses, recipients should scan this email and any attachments for viruses. National Museums Liverpool makes no representation or warranty that this email or any of its attachments are free of viruses or defects and does not accept any responsibility for any damage caused by any virus or defect transmitted by this email.

As part of conducting its business, National Museums Liverpool may monitor and record emails and their contents passing through their network under the Telecommunications (Lawful Business Practices) and (Interception of Communications) Regulations 2000.

 National Museums Liverpool, Education, Communities and Visitors, World Museum, William Brown Street,  Liverpool, L3 8EN  United Kingdom

BEST ACHIEVING COUNCIL OF THE YEAR 2010

BRITISH ART SHOW 7: IN THE DAYS OF THE COMET', PLYMOUTH, 17 SEPTEMBER TO 4 DECEMBER 2011

IMPORTANT: This e-mail (including any attachments to it) is strictly confidential and intended solely for the person or organisation to whom it is addressed.  It may contain privileged, confidential or sensitive information.  If you are not the intended recipient, you must not copy or distribute it to any other person or take any action in reliance.  If you have received it in error, please notify your system manager and the sender as soon as possible and then delete it from your system.