From: mining-history [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of
Bernard Moore
Sent: 22 October 2011 13:38
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Great Onslow Consols

Dear Michael,

These chips could be selected hand spalled ore and not dressed ore (viz.,
not being crushed, washed or dressed in the usual way). Without looking
deeper, maybe the products were being sold for further treatment elsewhere
(unlikely though), and were as high grade as possible to get the best
value...
alternatively, if the product was sufficiently pure it might have been sold
 direct to the smelters - the Rlys. records should show the final
destination? -  leaving the balance of 'disseminated ore' to be crushed,
washed, etc..

Just ideas, and you will probably have considered this anyway.

Regards, Bernard