List subscribers may be interested to know that the 2011-12 British Maritime History seminars at the Institute of Historical Research start on Tuesday 4 October with Professor David Edgerton (Imperial College London) on ‘Sons of the Sea: a New Look at British Imports in the Second World War’.

The seminar will be held in the IHR’s Bedford Room at 17.15.

For the rest of the series, see http://www.history.ac.uk/events/seminars/109 (abstracts are available on pdf at http://www.nmm.ac.uk/upload/pdf/BMH_Seminars_Abstracts.pdf). Future seminars in the series of potential interest to historians of science, technology and medicine include:

Alexi Baker, ‘The Latitude of the Search for the Longitude in 18th Century Britain’ (1 November)

Richard Biddall, ‘'As his was not a surgical case it was not my duty to attend upon him': The Surgeon's Role in the 19th-Century Royal Dockyards’ (15 November)

Don Leggett, Modernity, Nostalgia and the Ship in the long 19th Century (21 Februrary)

Dr Rebekah Higgitt
Curator of History of Science & Technology

National Maritime Museum  |  Royal Observatory Greenwich  |  The Queen's House

direct +44 (0) 208 312 6537

Greenwich, London SE10 9NF

Book now for High Arctic  |  for the latest exhibition information, events, news and transport information visit nmm.ac.uk

Sign up for our e-newsletter  |  This email and its content are subject to our disclaimer