Please note a revision to my previous email: Hannah Newton's seminar has
been moved to 1 November and Ronit Yoeli-Tlalim's seminar has changed to
22 November. The correct dates are below.
My apologies for the mistake. All good wishes, Francis.

-- Apologies for cross-posting. Please circulate to colleagues. --

Department of History and Philosophy of Science
University of Cambridge

Michaelmas Term 2011

HISTORY OF MEDICINE SEMINARS

Seminars are on Tuesdays from 5.00 to 6.30pm in Seminar Room 1. Tea and
biscuits are available from 4.40pm. All welcome!

Organised by Elaine Leong, Nick Hopwood and Karin Ekholm

11 October
Jane Munro (Fitzwilliam Museum)
Silent partners: Artists and the mannequin from function to fetish

1 November
Hannah Newton (HPS, Cambridge)
'Nott a sadder creature in the world': Parental grief in early modern
England, 1580–1720

8 November
Alex Mold (London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine)
Speaking for the patient as consumer in late twentieth-century Britain

22 November
Ronit Yoeli-Tlalim (History, Goldsmiths)
Medicine in and around Dunhuang: Preliminary assessment of ancient
transmissions of medical knowledge along the Silk Road

GENERATION TO REPRODUCTION SEMINARS

These seminars, on Tuesdays from 5.00 to 6.30pm in Seminar Room 1, are
funded by our Wellcome Trust strategic award in the history of medicine
<www.reproduction.group.cam.ac.uk>. Tea and biscuits are available from
4.40pm. All welcome!

Organised by Nick Hopwood

18 October
Martina Schlünder (Justus-Liebig-Universität Giessen)
Temporal economies in fertility research in Germany, 1900–45

15 November
Susanne Lettow (Freie Universität Berlin)
Rethinking generation in the late eighteenth century: The concept of
'reproduction'

GENERATION TO REPRODUCTION READING GROUP

This group discusses pre-circulated papers, classics as well as our own
work, in the area of our Wellcome Trust strategic award in the history
of medicine <www.reproduction.group.cam.ac.uk>. We also hold
work-in-progress sessions.

This term's meetings will be at 5–7pm (tea from 4.50) on Tuesdays 25
October and 29 November in Seminar Room 1. To join the group, please
email [log in to unmask]