I hope this way it reaches all.

Dear Cheryl,

thank you, please use my new e-mail-Address, I mean change it in your files,
the new one is easy: [log in to unmask] and, please, circulate this answer of
mine in the community, thank you.

I am now going to answer your questions, I think your endeavor is excellent
and important.

1. Is there a community need for these shared datasets?  Y E S !

2. Is it helpful to have basic sensory simulations (visual, auditory,
somatosensory), in addition to more complex simulations? These datasets
represent easier cases to analyze in most situations. Y E S it's helpful.

3. Is it helpful to construct realistic simulated data reflecting functional
connectivity which would include unique single-trials and continuous data? Y
E S , it is helpful, I think.

3. Is it useful to have overall analyses conducted on the outcome of
different algorithms so we can directly compare performance across
algorithms? Y E S !

4. Is it useful to construct a large empirical cognitive dataset (n=25),
emphasizing functional connectivity, that includes DTI, neuropsychological
test measures, task performance measures, to share with the community (for
exploratory connectivity analyses)? Y E S if we in the community are all
good friends respecting eachother. Somehow the stealing of ideas and data
has to be avoided.

5. Should we develop an external committee to help set guidelines for the
creation of datasets and maintenance of the web-portal? Y E S would be a
good idea.

6. If a simulation for your project was available, would you use it rather
than generating your own simulations (assuming that the data format was
compatible with your software? Theoretically yes, in practice I and my
co-workers would perhaps have the ambition to make it better if there are
improvement possibilities.

7. What other needs do you envision for the success of a community
web-portal containing simulated and empirical datasets? Again the
originality and 'copy rights' of the data have to be guaranteed.

I remember that Per Roland made a similar thing for fMRI  with an EU grant,
we alo participated but somehow this  seeped away ...

Kindest regards

Yours Lüder