From: John Wickstrom <[log in to unmask]>

> Marjorie's Wikipedia site took me very neatly to vol 7 of GC; it turns out
that it is to be found in Google Books. But when I had tried searching
Google Books directly, I could not come up with Volume 7; as I recall there
were only four or five that I could access. I wish Google could more
systematically catalog the immense  collection of  volumes it has digitized.

clearly you don't understand what's going on at all, John.

the Googleistas have adopted the time honored French maxim (which is, to a
surprising extent shared by the Bn's Gallica site): the scans exist on the
site _en principe_, and therefore there is no need for them actually to be
*findable* by those who might want to read them (what a quaint idea).

which brings up the question of how the fellow (or jeune fille) who wrote the
GC page on the French Wikipedia found the damnéd things.

clearly she/he knows more about how the _en principe_ principle works than
either you or i.

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]