The issue is indeed wider. There have been theft from cemeteries in my home town in Pennsylvania.
Tom Izbicki

From: "Harriet Sonne de Torrens" <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Monday, October 24, 2011 4:56:06 PM
Subject: Re: [M-R] Theft of metal from UK churches

Hello Maddy,

I have had a look at the petition, and it seems to me that this is a bigger, cultural heritage issue, that requires the support of those outside of UK as well. I think you might get a very good response if you set up a petition that permitted signatures from around the world. The cultural heritage of the UK has ties with many people living, working and studying globally. My thoughts….Harriet.

Dr. H. Sonne de Torrens, MA., MISt., Ph.D., L.M.S.
Rm. 3021, Ph: 905-569-4610
Communications, Culture and Technology Building
University of Toronto Mississauga
3359 Mississauga Road North
Mississauga, Ontario L5L 1C6, Canada.

UT Librarians: http://utlibrarians.wordpress.com