From: Ms B M Cook <[log in to unmask]>

> I have moments when I would like to get mediaeval and hang the thieves
either for the theft of goods worth more than forty shillings ( £2.00 ) or
for sacrilege .......

hanging's no good, Brenda.

ineffective.

afterward, the felon is just Out of Sight, Out of Mind.

cut the guy's arm(s) off and release him to his fellow miscreants --now,
*there's* an exemplum (to just keep it middlevil).

however, it is comforting to know that there are still 40 shillings in a pound
--i thought that Thatcher changed it to 100.

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]