>personally I have earphones ... coming out of my ears ;-)

I love that line! But seriously, we have only ever used headphones (not in a hospital setting but to our dentist/readers). I would have thought anything in-ear (if that is what is meant by this) would definitely carry a risk of cross-infection. Buying in bulk as has just been suggested and selling for a small amount maybe even at cost, would be the answer. I think this is what they do on Virgin trains and planes (but not with a small mark up obviously!)

Roger

Roger Farbey

Head of Library & Knowledge Services

British Dental Association