Dear all

I was asked by a colleague to run a search for the current tools used to assess client’s language interpreting needs.  I did so and she was happy with the result, but has asked for more in terms of standard tools with consistent questions to ascertain a client's understanding of English.

Do you have any ideas where I can look for these tools.  I’ve already searched HDAS and also found a couple of references on ‘assessing the need for an Interpreter’.

I’d appreciate your help.

Kind regards

Ziba

Ziba Nadimi
Outreach Library Service Manager
CNWL | Camden Provider Services

t: 020 3317 3725 |  f: 020 3317 3780
3rd Floor Bedford House | 125-133 Camden High StLondon | NW1 7JR
w: www.camdenproviderservices.nhs.uk  w: www.cnwl.nhs.uk

medical education website: www.medicaleducation.camdenprovider services.nhs.uk

Thank you for your co-operation.

For more information and to find out how you can switch, visit www.connectingforhealth.nhs.uk/nhsmail