Highly interactive, small group tuition (max 20 delegates)
Places still available but please note that this course is booking up
fast:

Creating High Impact Marketing
Thursday 17 November 2011, London

Delegate Comments:
'Very useful for those with some experience in marketing and goes beyond
publishing industry.  Great interactive course, the knowledge can be
applied to many industries outside publishing, insightful comments and
knowledge from the tutor.' Lena Jefimova, Cambridge University Press

'It dealt with the challenges I face precisely even though the "Briefing
a Designer" didn't apply to me.  I can employ the same approach to
putting my own designs together.  I found this hugely helpful and
relevant to me, I'm really pleased I attended.' Juliet Moore, Maney
Publishing

'During the morning session we learnt a lot of basics which were then
developed through the afternoon.  I could tell the difference in my work
- I certainly feel more confident now.' Sophie Boullin, OECD

'Good introductory starting point with some more advanced elements
thrown in. Great to be able to suggest topics in advance which were
heeded.   Comprehensive slides and info packs with excellent break-out
sessions.' Mike Hallworth, Wiley-Blackwell

'Pre-course questionnaire was useful as topics were incorporated into
the course.  Excellent case studies and notes.' Ali Hill, Taylor &
Francis

'Very well-tailored to my level, easy to understand, highly relevant and
interesting.  Pre-course questionnaire was a good idea as course seemed
to address everything.   Very much enjoyed the day and learned a lot of
valuable tips.  Excellent!' Samantha Herbert ,Taylor & Francis

Overview:
Successful, result-orientated marketing involves creating high-impact
online and print material. High-impact material can help build brands,
develop customer loyalty and generate revenues.

Programme:
• The differences between online and print design
• What is design? Basic building blocks
• Headlines, hooks, body and close - copywriting structure
• Increasing the impact of copywriting by using motivations
• Words as design elements
• How to use images to convey marketing messages
• Communicating brand values in marketing campaigns
• Briefing a designer and working with printers

Learning objectives - by the end of the course delegates will be able
to:
Develop creative ideas for both online and print campaigns; identify the
elements that create successful, response-generating customer-focused
online and print campaigns; understand the process of working with
designers to achieve a successful end-result; explain the key design
principles that all marketing staff should be familiar with, illustrate
how marketing material can form a key element in building your company's
reputation and profile through an understanding of brand strategy.

Who should attend:
Marketing professionals who have responsibility for the design and
production of both online and print marketing materials. The course is
suitable for both those relatively new to marketing and also those with
some experience who are looking to refresh their understanding and use
of design and copywriting in marketing communications.

Further information at:
http://www.alpsp.org/ngen_public/article.asp?aid=335357

Other 2011 Courses:

Project Management for Publishing:
http://www.alpsp.org/ngen_public/article.asp?aid=334916

Journal Development:
http://www.alpsp.org/ngen_public/article.asp?aid=334952

Maximising your Secondary Rights:
http://www.alpsp.org/ngen_public/article.asp?aid=335363

Business Development Workshop: Scoping New Markets:
http://www.alpsp.org/ngen_public/article.asp?aid=335365

Barbara Holmes
Training Administrator
Email: [log in to unmask]
Tel: +44 (0) 1993 772 727
Normal working hours: Tuesday - Thursday: 0900 - 1400

ALPSP courses
Getting the Most from Journal Publicity, London, 25 October
Project Management for Publishing, London, 2 November
Acquiring and Selling Publishing Assets, London, 10 November
Creating High Impact Marketing, London, 17 November
Fundamentals of eProduction, London, 22 November
Journal Development, Oxford, 30 November
Maximising your Secondary Rights, London, 7 December
Business Development Workshop: Scoping New Markets, NEW, London 12
December

Follow us on Twitter at @alpsp
ALPSP Web Site: www.alpsp.org
ALPSP is a Company limited by guarantee and incorporated in England and
Wales
Registration Number:4081634.
Registered Office: 1-3 Ship Street, Shoreham-by-Sea, West Sussex BN43
5DH UK