Hi Maureen

We use a WAM proxy link for on and off campus, and have the same WAM entries as Wellcome.

We do get the security certificate mismatch error which is annoying, but we get this for quite a few resources since we switched on the certificate option in Millennium, especially the personalised areas/my account login pages for resources like Web of Science where the http is replaced by an https.

When I queried this with Innovative I was advised as follows:

    "This error message is expected behavior with rewritten proxied links.  There is information about this on CSDirect:
http://csdirect.iii.com/documentation/wam6.shtmlThe proxy rewrite method enables the Millennium server to     act as a proxy server for patron browsers. This method uses rewritten URLs. These rewritten URLs cause browsers to issue a security warning to the user because of a mismatch between the domain name on the security certificate and what the browser interprets as the domain name in the rewritten URL. The proxy rewrite method is central to the functionality of Web Access Management, and the functionality of the product is not affected by this browser behavior."

Unfortunately, we get many queries from users who are wary of these security warnings.  We try to provide relevant information on our library pages, and I know that it is possible to disable the warning in individual browsers by unchecking the relevant certificate address option in the Security settings.

Ultimately though, I think that we will probably implement a SAN certificate which allows multiple domain names to use the same certificate.  However, because each domain name that is added incurs a cost, we will need to think carefully about which resources to include.

Tracey
Tracey Randall
Electronic Resources Librarian/Llyfrgellydd Adnoddau Electronig
Bangor University/Prifysgol Bangor

Tel/Ffon:	01248 388455
Email/E-bost:	[log in to unmask]