Hi Maureen

We use a WAM proxy link for on and off campus, and have the same WAM
entries as Wellcome.

We do get the security certificate mismatch error which is annoying, but
we get this for quite a few resources since we switched on the
certificate option in Millennium, especially the personalised areas/my
account login pages for resources like Web of Science where the http is
replaced by an https.

When I queried this with Innovative I was advised as follows:

     "This error message is expected behavior with rewritten proxied
links.  There is information about this on
CSDirect:http://csdirect.iii.com/documentation/wam6.shtml. The proxy
rewrite method enables the Millennium server to     act as a proxy
server for patron browsers. This method uses rewritten URLs. These
rewritten URLs cause browsers to issue a security warning to the user
because of a mismatch between the domain name on the security
certificate and what the browser interprets as the domain name in the
rewritten URL. The proxy rewrite method is central to the functionality
of Web Access Management, and the functionality of the product is not
affected by this browser behavior."

Unfortunately, we get many queries from users who are wary of these
security warnings.  We try to provide relevant information on our
library pages, and I know that it is possible to disable the warning in
individual browsers by unchecking the relevant certificate address
option in the Security settings.

Ultimately though, I think that we will probably implement a SAN
certificate which allows multiple domain names to use the same
certificate.  However, because each domain name that is added incurs a
cost, we will need to think carefully about which resources to include.

Tracey

Tracey Randall
Electronic Resources Librarian/Llyfrgellydd Adnoddau Electronig
Bangor University/Prifysgol Bangor

Tel/Ffon:	01248 388455
Email/E-bost:	[log in to unmask]

--
Gall y neges e-bost hon, ac unrhyw atodiadau a anfonwyd gyda hi,
gynnwys deunydd cyfrinachol ac wedi eu bwriadu i'w defnyddio'n unig

This email and any attachments may contain confidential material and
is solely for the use of the intended recipient(s).  If you have
received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately
and delete this email.  If you are not the intended recipient(s), you
must not use, retain or disclose any information contained in this
email.  Any views or opinions are solely those of the sender and do
not necessarily represent those of the Bangor University.
Bangor University does not guarantee that this email or
any attachments are free from viruses or 100% secure.  Unless
expressly stated in the body of the text of the email, this email is
not intended to form a binding contract - a list of authorised
signatories is available from the Bangor University Finance
Office.  www.bangor.ac.uk