Hi *,

I call your attention to the presentation of the Technical Evaluation Groups made this week at the WLCG Grid Deployment Board:

            http://indico.cern.ch/conferenceDisplay.py?confId=106649

A good overview of what these groups are supposed to accomplish is explained at the WLCG Management Board of 9 August, see Ian Bird's "Mandate" and "Slides" links on this page:

            http://indico.cern.ch/conferenceDisplay.py?confId=115379

Maria Girone and I jointly chair the "Operations" TEG.  Many people reading this list are the people doing the actual "operating" and I refer explicitly to the people at sites.  We have several types of sites in WLCG:

- sites that are dedicated to a single LHC experiment
- large sites doing production work for many LHC experiments
- smaller sites mostly dedicated to analysis work
- sites of all sizes that support LHC as well as many non-WLCG virtual organizations
- sites that make use of clusters operated by others (ie I am the site admin but I don't have the root password)

There are probably other types of sites.  This is your chance to tell WLCG ... and the sites *ARE* WLCG ... what is important for you as far as operations of your grid site and its services goes, in the medium term (2 to 5 years)?  Please send a mail to me and Maria if you are interested in participating.  I am sending this email to LCG-ROLLOUT because it is important to reach all the sites, not just the Tier-1s that are present in the management board meetings.

Look as well at the other TEGs, there are several for which the site representation is a bit thin, and it should not be -- YOU are the ones running those services like storage systems, and you are the ones that have to track which user did what on your system in case of a security incident ... please consider participating!

Or in other words, like they say at an American church wedding : "Speak now or forever hold your peace".

				J "I now pronounce you admin and middleware" T