I am so pleased that the ACM is innovating this new OA mechanism and I want to heartily congratulate them. Especially since they are my professional and scholarly society (go team CS!)

However, this initiative is so not going to gain traction in its current form. It requires an inordinate amount of work by the authors, including copying an pasting magic HTML into the source of their web page / institutional repository page. For each paper. Even assuming that this were technically possible (arbitrary HTML injection into institutional web pages by its users is a security nightmare) it is complex and longwinded. So, 10/10 for effort, 4/10 for achievement in this initiative's current form.

Having said that, I would love to have the opportunity to work with the ACM to automate this process at the institutional level in some way (and I am seeking routes to do that).
--
Les Carr