I would agree with Crispin that there is a need for an indexed
grey-literature archive.

We find it very beneficial that there is a mechanism in place to ensure
that archaeological reports can be made available on the ADS
grey-literature library, and are suitably digitally archived. However
(for grey-literature derived from the planning process) the only way to
ensure that this is done is by my archaeological development-management
colleagues enforcing that an OASIS entry (with a digitised report) will
be completed in briefs that they write and in written schemes of
investigation that are approved.

I would also agree that cross-referencing OASIS records (or
child-of-OASIS) to HER Event records will become increasingly important,
and making HER Events available on Heritage Gateway would be a good way
of making Events accessible.

cheers,

Graham
--