From: Issues related to Historic Environment Records [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Crispin Flower
Sent: 04 October 2011 10:13
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Review of OASIS

Given the Heritage Gateway is well-established as a national portal for distributed HE datasets, how about extending this to publish Events from the HERs.  Reinforce the requirements on HERs for data standards in the recording of the Events, and reinforce the need  for non-planning fieldwork to inform the HER, and this should come easily.

There’s still a need for an indexed grey literature archive, and this could usefully be delivered by child-of-OASIS, but it could be a much simpler thing (cross-referencing the HER Event record) and focused on this task instead of duplicating data and effort.

Just my 2p,

Crispin