Hi, Sarah

I remember seeing a former rooting house where they used to store root vegetables for feeding the animals on either sides of the building. It was later used for storing fruit and vegetables for the members of the household.

I have never seen a cutting house.

Regards

Rebecca

Rebecca Casa Hatton

Archaeologist

Planning Services

Peterborough City Council

Stuart House (East Wing), St John's Street

Peterborough

PE1 5DD

Email: [log in to unmask]

Telephone: 01733 864702

Mobile number: 07920160223

(Monday-Tuesday and Thursday 9.00 - 15.00;

Wednesday 11.00 -12.30)

To find out more about Peterborough City Council, please go to: www.peterborough.gov.uk