HI - it is correct that the "temporal" degrees of freedom is reduced by applying fsl_regfilt - however whether you need to correct for that later depends on what you are later doing.  If you are running first-level FEAT then yes in theory you should correct, but if you are then going on to run higher-level FEAT it's not really necessary wrt the higher-level stats.

Cheers.

On 6 Oct 2011, at 18:40, Marina Shpaner wrote:

> Dear experts,
>
> We are trying to figure out exactly how fsl_regfilt works. After we denoise the data with fsl_regfilt, do we need to adjust the degrees of freedom in the group analysis, and what's the proper way to do it?
>
> Your help is greatly appreciated!
> -Marina

+44 (0) 1865 222726  (fax 222717)