I am getting this tbss_non_FA error that others have posted about. I do not see a solution for it in the archives. Has someone found a solution?

I am using 2 different versions of FSL. On our Mac (64 bit), I am using 4.1.7. On our Linux server (32 bit), I am using 4.1.4.
On the Linux machine, tbss_non_FA gets as far as creating the all_AD file, but then it runs out of memory-- that makes sense to me.
There isn't a memory problem on the Mac, but tbss_non_FA fails to create even the all_AD file.
All the FA and AD images were made on the Linux machine and were copied over to the Mac. TBSS was successfully run on the Mac, but tbss_non_FA is not working. I am wondering if this error has to do with using different FSL versions?
Any help would be much appreciated!

using pre-chosen registration target: p10538_dti_data_FA_FA
upsampling alternative images into standard space
/usr/local/fsl/bin/tbss_non_FA: line 95: /usr/local/fsl/bin/imglob: Argument list too long
merging all upsampled AD images into single 4D image

Usage: fslmerge <-x/y/z/t/a> <output> <file1 file2 .......>
     -t : concatenate images in time
     -x : concatenate images in the x direction
     -y : concatenate images in the y direction
     -z : concatenate images in the z direction
     -a : auto-choose: single slices -> volume, volumes -> 4D (time series)
** ERROR (nifti_image_read): failed to find header file for 'all_AD'
** ERROR: nifti_image_open(all_AD): bad header info
Error: failed to open file all_AD
Cannot open volume all_AD for reading!
projecting all_AD onto mean FA skeleton
** ERROR (nifti_image_read): failed to find header file for 'all_AD'
** ERROR: nifti_image_open(all_AD): bad header info
Error: failed to open file all_AD
ERROR: Could not open image all_AD
Image Exception : #22 :: Failed to read volume all_AD
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'RBD_COMMON::BaseException'
/usr/local/fsl/bin/tbss_non_FA: line 104: 33377 Abort trap              ${FSLDIR}/bin/tbss_skeleton -i mean_FA -p $thresh mean_FA_skeleton_mask_dst ${FSLDIR}/data/standard/LowerCingulum_1mm all_FA all_${ALTIM}_skeletonised -a all_$ALTIM
now run stats - for example:
randomise -i all_AD_skeletonised -o tbss_AD -m mean_FA_skeleton_mask -d design.mat -t design.con -n 500 --T2 -V
(after generating design.mat and design.con)