HI Mark,

  so I was able to create skull masks as you suggested. Now I'm trying
to run sienax on the *_brain and *_brain_skull images I've manually created.

I opened up the sienax script, commented out the first line of "extract
brain":

bet ${I} ${I}_brain -s -m $betoptions

As I said, I created two images one called T1_brain.nii,gz and
T1_brain_skull.nii.gz, but somehow the script doesn't seem to find them.
So when I launch the edited sienax script (which of course I launch with
" > sineax T1.nii.gz") I get the following error:

***ERROR: (nifti_image_read): failed to find header file for image
'T1_brain'

Any suggestion?

best

  Martin