Hi Hong,

1) After the Randomise process and when viewing the significant results with Fslview, the TBSS homepage only describes how we can color our significant coordinates.
But is there any way I can get the list of these significant coordinates at once, for example with one click of button, like SPM?
If I could see all the peak significant coordinates in a Table, I guess I won't have to search every Red-Yellow and Blue-Lightblue dots and worry about missing them.
----------------------
 If you find out how to do this step, please share with me.  I am new to this analysis too.

2) And is there any way I can find where these significant coordinates indicate as anatomical structures?
Currently I guess the only way I can find the name of those white matter structures is to buy and look into the Atlas of Human White Matter (Mori et al., 2005).
----------------------
Make a mask for the area you're interested. For example, let's make the mask for right superior longitudinal fasciculus (number 41). The labels are all in the txt file: ${FSLDIR}/data/atlases/JHU-labels.txt

$fslmaths ${FSLDIR}/data/atlases/JHU/JHU-WhiteMatter-labels-1mm.nii.gz -thr 41 -uthr 41 -mas ../mean_FA_skeleton_mask mask_41_slongfasciculus_right
$ fslmeants -i all_FA_skeletonised -m mask_41_slongfasciculus_right -o mean.txt

Then you can write a python script to organize the txt file and let R to give you the statistical results.

3) Some published articles describe that the authors have conducted sufficient number of permutations but not any further correction for multiple comparisions (e.g. TFCE).
Is it an appropriate way? Or, are the permutations and the TFCE correction (or FDR correction, or voxel-wise FWE correction) both needed?
------------------------
Permutations method is one of the non-parametric analysis methods. No correction is inappropriate.  Because you'll have high false positive rate. Look FSL online course about the difference between FDR, FWE.  I think if you have time, you can use both.  FWE v.s. FDR.

4) Should TFCE-uncorrected image and voxel-wise uncorrected image display the same results, since they are both uncorrected?
--------------------------
I am not sure if I understand this question. what's the exact command you use for those two image types?

Yingying

Yingying Wang
Graduate Student
Biomedical Engineering
University of Cincinnati
Pediatric Neuroimaging Consortium Research Center
Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
MLC 5033, 3333 Burnet Avenue
Cincinnati, OH 45229-3039
O 513-636-3495
C 513-833-7448

>>> "Garin, Alba" <[log in to unmask]> 10/10/2011 3:06 AM >>>
Hello Hong,

fsl4.1-cluster is the command name, in some cases should work only with the command "cluster". It takes litlle time and shows you the group of voxels that are statistically significant (if you use "-t 0.95"). when i run the script did not open any FSL window.

Hope it helps.

Alba