On Friday, October 14, 2011 15:01:37 you wrote:
> Hi Benjamin
> Thanks a lot for all your suggestions!
> 1. Conveniently I ignored this step because I thought mellodic does
> registration, But like you said I will try to register them to standard
> brain before I run melodic.

Indeed, the GUI version does if you ask it to.

> 3. That's exactly what I am trying to
> do...Thank you I didn't know about this. But if I'm using fsl_glm what
> will be my design? Johnson

You might try just running melodic on your data as-is first and see if you get
anything that looks good. Otherwise, if you search the mailing list archives
you will find threads about using fsl_glm to remove nuisance regressors (e.g.
motion parameters) prior to ICA. You will also find a discussion of how to
incorporate nuiscance regressors into dual regression.

As Stephen Smith recently pointed out, if you still really want to use
fsl_regfilt, you could consider doing ICA in two stages. First do ICA on each
subject individually, identify individual noise components, and remove them
with fsl_regfilt. Then take the filtered data and do your tcICA on that. This
is a lot of work, though!