Hi Jon,

I'm a little confused - is " subject1 - group 1 " the same actual subject as
"subject1 - group 2" - this is how you seem to be modelling it?  If not,
this model is not right, and the correct modelling is a bit trickier.  Also,
"pos effect time 1" and "pos effect time 2" contrasts reflect postive and
negative correlations with time - is this what you mean?

Cheers,

Eugene