... LGV rather than HGV!

From: Vicky Johnstone
Sent: 12 October 2011 14:19
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: College 17 seater minibuses

Hi All

We have been training our younger staff through MIDAS to enable them to drive the 17-seater minbuses. However on investigation we find that the minibuses weigh 2.7 tonnes and this is classed as 4.1 tonnes when loaded. MIDAS training is only valid up to a weight limit of 3.5 tonnes.

This appears to mean that in order for younger staff (those not old enough to have D1 on their licences) they have to get an HGV licence in order to be able to drive the 17-seaters.

Does anyone know of any different way of doing this?

Thanks
Vicky