41121 MODENA, Italy

Da: Evidence based health (EBH) [mailto:[log in to unmask]] Per conto di Mark Ayson
Inviato: mercoledì 5 ottobre 2011 2.53
A: [log in to unmask]

Dear EBH people

I am going to present to my research colleagues an intro to EBH and as part of explaining the need for this discipline, I wanted to give them some examples of effective treatments that were not taken up by any health professional for some years after the evidence was published. The only example I can think of at present is the head movement system to treat benign paroxysmal positional vertigo.

Can you help me please?

Kind regards

Mark Ayson

Mark Ayson, MBChB, DPH

Research Advisor,

Governance, Policy & Research, ACC

Tel 04-8166386 / Fax 04-8167562 / Ext 46386

ACC / Research / Vogel House, 19 Aitken Street
PO Box 242 / Wellington 6011 / New Zealand / www.acc.co.nz

ACC cares about the environment – please don’t print this email
unless it is really necessary. Thank you.

Disclaimer:
"The information contained in this document is confidential to the addressee(s) and
may be legally privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient you are notified
that any use, distribution, amendment, copying of the message or attachments is
strictly prohibited. Any view or opinions expressed are those of the author and may
not be those of the organisation to which the author belongs.  No guarantee or
representation is made that this communication is free of errors, viruses, or interference.
If you have received this e-mail message in error please delete it and notify me. Thank you.

We accept no responsibility for changes made to this email or to any attachments after
transmission from the office."