Evidence Based Practice consists of three overlapping areas... Evidence from
Research, Physician Knowledge/Experience, and Patient Experience/Preference.
I doubt a GP can know much about patient experience and preference after a
yearly 5 minute consult. My last GP was very thorough and took 30-45 minutes
on average for her consults with me. I did feel she knew me very well. There
is no law that says a doctor can only spend 5 minutes on a consult. I
believe that part of the health reform movement is to shift the 5 minute
consult tendency to a practice that would be more like my last doc. Reward
docs for keeping their patients well rather then having as many sick
patients as possible.

--
Susan Fowler, MLIS
Medical Librarian

Evidence at Becker:
http://beckerguides.wustl.edu/ebm

Mobile Resources Guide:
http://beckerguides.wustl.edu/mobileresources

Becker Medical Library, Washington University in St. Louis
314-362-8092