Hi Everyone,

The University of Western Sydney has been working on project with our School of Nursing & Midwifery to develop a comprehensive set of Inherent Requirements Statements ( sometimes called Essential Requirements or Technical Standards) for our Bachelor of Nursing Courses. We have developed a structure for articulating Inherent requirements statements that is clear and effective. We have also developed a model for the process of developing Inherent requirements that is readily transferable to other disciplines and institutions. It is now being extended across our university as a critical aspect of our Course and Unit approval process.

We have developed a Resource Package that we are happy to share with others. It is available by emailing our Project Officer, Kirrilee Phillips at [log in to unmask]

Although the resource and our Inherent Requirements statements are designed to comply with Australian legislation, much of it is transferable to other contexts. You may find it helpful.

We would appreciate any feedback you may have.

Cheers,

Trev

Trevor Allan

Head, Student Equity, Welfare & Disability Services

Student Support Services

Bldg I6 Room G 32, Campbelltown Campus,

The University of Western Sydney

Locked Bag 1797, Penrith, NSW, 2751

Phone: (02) 4620 3194

Fax: (02) 4628 5697

Mobile: 0424 156 571

Email: [log in to unmask]

Confidentiality Clause

This email, and any attachments, is intended only to be read or used by the addressee.  It is confidential and may contain legally privileged information.  If you are not the addressee indicated in this message(or responsible for delivery of the message to such person), you may not copy or deliver this message to anyone, and you should destroy this message and kindly notify the sender by reply email.  Confidentiality and legal privilege are not waived or lost by reason of mistaken delivery to you.