INSTITUTE OF EDUCATION

University of London

Registry

Disability and Wellbeing Advisor
(Grade 7, 0.6fte)

Salary will be on the Grade 7 salary scale, in the range of £29,974 to £35,790 pro-rata per annum, plus £2,323 London Allowance pro-rata per annum.

We are seeking to appoint a Disability and Wellbeing Advisor to join our Disability and Wellbeing Support Team. Your main focus will be to  provide advice and guidance to current and prospective disabled students, identify support needs, draw up appropriate learning plans and work closely with academic departments to ensure that individual students' support requirements are met. You will also support the activities of the team in raising awareness, collaborating with a range of professionals and delivering staff training where appropriate. You will be based in the Student Support Centre which provides a one-stop shop for both prospective and current students.

You will have a strong knowledge of disability legislation and how you have translated this into the delivery of high-quality, student-centred, disability support in a busy FE or HE setting. You will also be able to demonstrate a good understanding of the adult learning process. You will be an excellent communicator and enjoy working collaboratively as part of a team. You will also have good problem solving skills and use your own initiative.

This is an excellent opportunity to develop experience within a Student Support department at a leading research university. In return, we offer good training and development opportunities, a generous leave entitlement and other benefits.

In view of the nature of the work involved, any offer of appointment will be conditional on a satisfactory Criminal Records Bureau Enhanced Disclosure.

Reference:         7PR-REG-5113

Closing date:      31 October 2011

To apply online please visit http://jobs.ioe.ac.uk<http://jobs.ioe.ac.uk/> or tel 020 7612 6159

We positively encourage applicants from all sections of under-represented communities