We are pleased to announce that UW Geography will be hosting the 6th
Cascadia critical geographies conference here this November 18th and 19th,
2011.  Our conference website is up and running at:
http://faculty.washington.edu/sparke/Cascadia/Welcome_CCGMC_11.html

Please feel free to forward this URL and the following ‘call for proposals’
far and wide.

Thanks very much,

Matt

CALL FOR PROPOSALS
The sixth annual Cascadia Critical Geographies Conference will be held at
the University of Washington on November 18th and 19th, 2011. The conference
will open Friday November 18th at 5:30 pm with a panel conversation on
neoliberalism and its discontents between Professors Jamie Peck (UBC), Kim
England (UW) and Eugene McCann (SFU). Paper and panel sessions will be held
on Saturday, November 19th from 9:30 – 4:30, and we welcome submissions on a
wide range of topics related to critical geography as well as critical
scholarship from other disciplines. There is no fee for attending the
conference, and graduate students are especially encouraged to participate.

Paper and panel abstract submissions (150 words or less) should be sent to
the conference organizing committee ([log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]) by Oct 30, 2011.
Please include your name, affiliation, paper title, and abstract as part of
your submission. If you would like to organize a paper or panel session,
make a note of this in your submission. We look forward to meeting you in
November.

The Organizing Team
6th Annual Cascadia Critical Geographies Mini-Conference

--
Lawrence D. Berg, D.Phil.
Co-Director, The Centre for Social, Spatial & Economic Justice

Community, Culture and Global Studies
University of British Columbia
3333 University Way
Arts Building, Rooms 368-368D
Kelowna, BC, Canada, V1V 1V7
Voice: +1 250.807.9392, Fax: +1 250.807.8001
Email: [log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
WEB: http://web.ubc.ca/okanagan/ccgs/faculty/berg.html