Hi Folks,

Been a while since I sent out a newsletter, as I have been focussing my efforts on my blog and other online sharings, and on writing my book "Natural Child, Natural Society'.

I wanted to share a new song I have written, called "Common Sense", about the core ethics of the occupations, which are NOT ideological, but truly human.

The issue that underpins the situation is that of Empathy. Empathy is biologically mandated in all human beings, from in utero, through birth and infancy. However for it's fullest expression and development, it requires an appropriate environment that is nurturing, peaceful and loving. For many years now, trauma has been all too common in childbirth, in schooling and indeed through wars, poverty, deprivations that arise out of the active Policies of all kinds of Governments, aligned with Corporate Power and Big Money. What we see all too often are policies that reduce empathy, rather than nurture empathy.

The media and Political class tend to limit their discourse to technical matters alone, which are NOT getting to the root of the matter. Not only that but we see that Power often uses moralistic, judgemental arguments to BLAME the poor, the Survivors, the youth, using the symptoms of their distress as the lever for that BLAME,in order to scapegoat and in order to avoid the necessary investigation into the roots of their distress.

The Occupy! movement is trying to overcome this stereotyping and manipulation.

Here's the video of the song : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCfHe5PfVxo

The song can also be downloaded for free from my reverbnation page. www.reverbnation.com/corneilius

The text associated with the song can be viewed on my blog : http://www.dwylcorneilius.blogspot.com

I offer these to you to help deepen and widen the discourse.

Kindest Regards

Corneilius

www.corneilius.net

do what you love, it's your gift to the universe

"do what you love it's your gift to the universe!"

note : if you do not wish to receive further emails from [log in to unmask] please reply with blank email and "remove me" in the subject field.