Dear Colleagues,

Call for Papers (updated October 2011)
Progress in Colour Studies 2012 (PICS12)

The third Progress in Colour Studies conference will take place from Tuesday 10 July to Friday 13 July 2012 at the University of Glasgow, Scotland. The keynote speaker will be Dr Carole P. Biggam. As with previous conferences in the series, the aim is to provide a multidisciplinary forum for discussion of recent and ongoing research, presented so as to be accessible to scholars in other disciplines. We therefore welcome proposals for papers on colour studies from any area of interest, including but not limited to anthropology, archaeology, art history, biology, cartography, linguistics, onomastics, philosophy, psychology, vision science and zoology. Following our previous practice, we hope to produce at least one volume of papers from the conference.

Papers will be presented in half-hour slots, including 10 minutes for discussion at the end of each. There will be no parallel sessions.
Abstracts for proposed papers should be 200-300 words long including any bibliography. They should be sent by email attachment to Professor Carole Hough at the address below by 31 October 2011, for decision by the end of the year. Proposals for poster sessions and group sessions (of 3 or 4 papers) are also welcome. There will be a prize for the best poster. Each abstract should consist of a cover sheet with the name and contact details of the author and a separate sheet without identification containing the abstract.

The cost of the conference, excluding accommodation, will be in the region of GBP160, with a reduced rate for postgraduates and the unwaged. We regret that we cannot offer any scholarships or other contributions to expenses. A wide range of University and hotel accommodation will be available. Details of how to book will be posted on our website shortly.

The conference committee consists of Wendy Anderson, Carole Biggam, Carole Hough, Christian Kay and David Simmons. In addition to receiving abstracts, Carole Hough is the first point of contact for queries. She can be reached at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

We look forward to welcoming you to PICS12.

Carole Hough, on behalf of the committee

******

Carole Hough

Professor of Onomastics

English Language, School of Critical Studies, College of Arts

University of Glasgow

Glasgow G12 8QQ

Scotland UK

Tel. +44 (0)141 330 4566