On Oct 27, 2011, at 5:22 PM, Francis E Reyes wrote:
> So I ask again, are there literature examples where reevaluation of the crystallographic data has directly resulted in new biological insights into the system being modeled?

This is a poor criterion on which to base any conclusions or decisions. We can blame the lack of examples on unavailability of the data.

Right now, I'd love to get my hands on the raw images for a particular cryoEM data set, but they are not available--only the maps. But the maps assume one symmetry and I have a hypothesis that the true symmetry is different. I could test my hypothesis by reprocessing the data were it available.

James