For the record, the amount of disk storage space per unit cost has doubled every 14 months for the last 30 years.  It's an exponential relationship:
www.mkomo.com/cost-per-gigabyte

So data generated at a very high rate today, will be trivial to store in the near future.  That's not to say it is cost free, of course ... but exponentially approaching free.

I worked at a Supercomputing facility for 7 years. At that time whole rooms were filled with state-of-the-art tape archive robots that could hold an unimaginable amount of data: a whole terabyte. Today, of course, that same volume costs under 100 USD with much faster I/O ... and I have personal copies of everything I generated (even digitized, uncompressed analog video).

To keep data backed up and online, of course costs something, but distributed/cloud computing is also changing that picture dramatically.

I am curious to know: those who have Pilatus 6M, for example. How much data do you generate in  a year?

I suspect this is limited by beam intensity ... at the moment.

Richard