Francis,

I would like to bring your attention to our paper in Acta Cryst D Volume
66 (6), 741-744 (2010) where we deal with spots under the ice-rings. We
have been very successful in eliminating the ice-rings and recover the
data underneath. If you are interested you can request the Python script
from Michael Chapman at OHSU.

    De-icing: recovery of diffraction intensities in the presence of ice
    rings, Michael S. Chapman and^^Thayumanasamy Somasundaram

If you need help please e-mail me outside the CCP4BB.
**

--

Dr. Thayumanasamy Somasundaram [Soma]
Director, X-Ray Crystallography Facility (XRF)