On 10/02/11 16:56, Jacob Keller wrote:
[log in to unmask]" type="cite">
Dear Crystallographers,

I would like to soak my crystals in bicarbonate (a possible
substrate), but the crystals have grown--and only grow--in pH 5.2-6.0,
so the bicarb/CO2 will just keep evolving out of the solution and
reliquishing its hydroxyls until the pH is elevated sufficiently out
of range. Does anyone have a clever way of getting bicarb into these
crystals? Grow them under CO2? Transfer them to higher pH, and hope
for the best?

Jacob Keller
Is it the bicarb you are interested in, or the CO2? Domsic, et al were able to trap a carbon dioxide in carbonic anhydrase II by adding CO2 during a high pressure cryo-cooling experiment.

J Biol Chem. 2008 November 7; 283(45): 30766–30771.
doi:  10.1074/jbc.M805353200

All Things Serve the Beam
                               David J. Schuller
                               modern man in a post-modern world