On 10/02/11 16:56, Jacob Keller wrote:
> Dear Crystallographers,
>
> I would like to soak my crystals in bicarbonate (a possible
> substrate), but the crystals have grown--and only grow--in pH 5.2-6.0,
> so the bicarb/CO2 will just keep evolving out of the solution and
> reliquishing its hydroxyls until the pH is elevated sufficiently out
> of range. Does anyone have a clever way of getting bicarb into these
> crystals? Grow them under CO2? Transfer them to higher pH, and hope
> for the best?
>
> Jacob Keller
Is it the bicarb you are interested in, or the CO2? Domsic, et al were
able to trap a carbon dioxide in carbonic anhydrase II by adding CO2
during a high pressure cryo-cooling experiment.

J Biol Chem. 2008 November 7; 283(45): 30766--30771.
doi: 10.1074/jbc.M805353200
<http://dx.crossref.org/10.1074%2Fjbc.M805353200>

All Things Serve the Beam
                                David J. Schuller