Len,
May be you have already done this. I would closely check my
crystallization conditions and also check the pH of the cryo. In some
cases, during cryoprotection the pH of the original drop may drastically
different than the cryo solution. Also, sometime back, we were exploring
different cryoprotectant conditions for sensitive crystal and came
across this -
http://www.xtals.org/crystal_cryo.pdf by Artem.

HTH
Harkewal