Hi Jeremy. To reply to your shortened list, and what it signifies to you, will mean I have to write a long reply and one that will seem casuistical to many. As this is about the 3rd time I've taken the bait, it will also look as though I'm trying to defend the poetry prizes and their 'mainstream' beneficiaries. I don't really feel a calling for either
  I should say first that I've only read two of the books on the list (one I liked, the other not) so I'm in no position to comment on the choices of the judges who will have had to read something like 100, possibly 120 books.
   But yes, perhaps "the range of publishers is disappointingly  limited".
 A far better question would be: Is the range of work disappointingly limited? My answer to that would be a provisional "not really".
Let me try to explain. The publishing house doesn't necessarily tell you much about style or content of the published. Take Carcanet, often well represented on these lists, which publishes Sophie Hannah as well as Peter Riley. Some houses, like Cape perhaps, may have a tighter (more coherent? more limited?) range but even there I see quite a reasonable diversity. In the four Faber poets, for example, Oswald, Harsent, O'Donoghue and Nagra I can see almost nothing in common.
  To grasp the nettle, these bigger houses are going to have the pick of a large proportion of published poets. (From this it doesn't follow that they exercise their choice wisely.)
Another factor worth considering is that there is, by choice or chance, a gravitation of poets from other houses towards these one.
A quick scan of the list would paint a variegated history of publication.
Duffy established her reputation with Anvil, then moved to Penguin, before settling for Picador.
O'Donoghue ditto with Chatto & Windus - this is his first 'collection' with Faber.
Harsent and Oswald were OUP.
O'Brien Bloodaxe, then OUP before Picador.
Kinsella via a host - Carcanet, Bloodaxe, Salt, Arc, Norton...
Burnside's first book was published by Carcanet, his next by Secker & Warburg...
Only the younger poets represented (Morgan, Flynn and Nagra) have stayed, so far, with their first publisher.

As for the range of the work, I couldn't say without reading them and I certainly don't want to get into an argument about their merits. But as for those binaries, I wouldn't reckon Kinsella would welcome a mainstream tag. Nor, with respect to supposed 'stylistic markers', would Nagra seem to me typical, nor for that matter Oswald or Burnside or Harsent.
There might be other ways to look at the range.
Gender: 6 man, 4 women.
Age: youngest Flynn b.1974, oldest Harsent 1944.
Ethnicity: only Nagra who's not white.
Country of origin: 1 Northern Irish, 1 Irish, 2 Scottish, 1 Australian, 0 Welsh, 5 English.

Of the judges, 2 are Welsh, 1 Irish - and as I noted, their own publishing houses are especially ill-represented.

Of course, there are all kinds of other, more interesting things that could be said about the list, but there's enough here to suggest why I didn't find the implication behind your first 'shortened' list at all decisive.
Best,
Jamie