That second one is hysterically funny!

Here's my favorite. My parents had a fixture over the kitchen table that faced upwards. Nice light, awkward to change the bulb.  A bulb broke. I very carefully unscrewed the remnant, using a towel so as not to get cut. But it occurred to me that some shards of glass might be left in the socket. So I wet my thumb and stuck it in. Children, always make sure you turn the fixture off before you try this.

-----Original Message-----
From: Judy Prince <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Oct 1, 2011 11:24 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Just imagine if all of those poets had shown up with tools in their hands

Mark, most frustrating kitchen thing I did was lay a ceramic tile floor; was a bit too mean with the adhesive at first, and the tiles sounded hollow, cracking when walked upon; hence a ripping out and re-beginning.  As a girl, trying to replace a faulty kitchen tap, I produced quite a spectacular fountain (hadn't realised there were mains to shut off first).